If you love salads like I do, this is one dressing recipe you’ll want to keep in heavy rotation. Tangy, fresh, slightly spicy, this yogurt-based dressing is perfect with chicken, salmon, shrimp–whatever you like to put on your salad. I use it as a dip, a topping for falafel, tacos and burritos, and a cold sauce for grilled poultry and fish.
In my salad pictured here, I have a mixture of romaine and leaf lettuce, tomato, grilled chicken breast, avocado, and chickpeas. This delicious dressing is the star of the show.
Fresh and Healthy Cilantro Jalapeño Dressing*
Makes about 11/2 cups
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 2 large fresh jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place cilantro, jalapeños, green onions, lime juice, yogurt, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times.
- With the blade of the processor running, pour in the olive oil in a thin stream, to emulsify.
- Store refrigerated in a lidded glass jar or airtight container. Use within 1 week.
*Thanks to my daughter, Paris, for giving me this recipe. I can’t stop eating it!
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Fat: 2.7 g